As a seller, Amazon suspension should be addressed immediately because Amazon is a company that will do anything to make its customers happy. Amazon has strict rules and regulations that sellers must comply with to provide an excellent buying experience for their customers in the marketplace.
What is an Amazon Suspension?
An Amazon suspension means that your account has violated one or more rules in Amazon’s terms and conditions, even if it’s intentional or not.
During the suspension, Amazon removes your selling privileges or bans you from selling a specific product. Also, your funds may be held as well.
Steps to Protect you from Amazon Suspension
1. Present the proper documentation
When you are just starting on opening your Amazon Seller Account , have the proper documentation clearly scanned and uploaded for easy visual checks by Amazon. Avoid shadows on the scanned document. Take photos of the documents in a well-lit area. This will remove all unwanted shadows from your upload.
These documents are essential; take your time to get them right. Also, ensure that all information uploaded on your document is accurate. Double-check and thoroughly run through your information before uploading.
Any discrepancies from your documents may make your application for a Seller Account invalid.
2. Review and follow Amazon’s policies and guidelines
As stated earlier, Amazon has strict policies and guidelines for its sellers to comply with. These guidelines are updated from time to time, and you will be notified whenever they are updated. These emails can be easily overlooked; make sure you check them and be aware of any changes.
If you violate Amazon’s guidelines in any way, your account is at high risk of being suspended. The Amazon team behind this is stringent. They will not give you any warning. Instead, they will immediately suspend your Seller Account then ask for your plan of action.
Having your Seller Account suspended is a valuable time lost from selling your products.
3. Sell the right products
How would you check if you’re selling the right product? It should reflect what is stated on Amazon’s policies and guidelines. For example, no matter how high-quality or how in-demand your products are if it’s mentioned in Amazon’s restricted products, you are already out.
You must also indicate the current condition of the product you are selling. Amazon has general condition guidelines listed below:
- New: A brand-new item. Including its original manufacturer’s warranty, with details included in the listing. It must be in its original packaging.
- Renewed: A product that has been inspected and tested to work and look like new by an Amazon-qualified and performance-managed supplier or by Amazon itself.
- Rental: A product inspected by an authorized person to check if it’s in good condition and still operating properly.
- Used – Like New or Open Box: A product where its original packaging is still intact with minor disfigurement. Must be in perfect working condition.
- Used – Very Good: A product that was slightly used but is still in excellent condition. It may show signs of little wear and blemishes.
- Used – Good: A product that shows wear from regular use but still functions properly. Its packaging may be damaged, or has been repackaged.
- Used – Acceptable: A product that is fairly used and shows signs of wear, dents, and scratches.
You must ensure that you are getting your products from a legitimate supplier to avoid selling counterfeits.
4. Auditing and Optimizing your Product Listings
As a seller, you can offer the same product. No rule from Amazon prohibits this. Amazon detects duplicate or similar product pages and merges them into one product listing. Here are some elements to consider when merging product pages:
- Product’s Brand
- Product’s color, size, etc.
- Product’s ISBN, UPC, and EAN
- Quantity of package
Be responsible with your online store by routinely auditing and monitoring your listings. Ensure that there are no changes made in your product’s images and descriptions. Once a customer complains to Amazon about receiving a wrong item, they will not hesitate to suspend your account.
It would be best to optimize your product listing whenever Amazon announces new features regarding advertising products or marketing.
5. Provide excellent customer service
As a seller, you must provide your customers with the best shopping experience, whether they are new, loyal, or angry customers.
Make sure that you are responding promptly to your customers’ reviews to receive positive feedback. Amazon is always on the lookout for snobbish sellers who ignore customer’s requests.
You must also achieve Amazon’s performance targets, as listed below:
- Order defect rate is less than 1%
- Late shipment rate is less than 4%
- Pre-fulfillment cancel rate is less than 2.5%
Your customers don’t only want high-quality products but also fast shipping service. If you fail to deliver on time, personally reach out to them to apologize and provide compensation on their next purchase.