What is an Asset Tracking System?
Asset Tracking is an extremely important part of the modern day workplace management. It basically comes in handy for you to stay aware and have knowledge about the assets that you own, how much they cost you and are still costing you, and also whether or not they are working properly. For this purpose, the asset tracking system comes in handy and it is a type of software that enables tracking the movement of all the assets, equipment, and IT devices that are in the business or company. The asset tracking system even helps in determining the total cost of items in the workplace, ranging from office furniture to the systems, to all the machineries that are there in the company like photocopy machines, coffee machines, etc. It also helps in the tracking of the location of each asset and equipment.
You can find Asset Tracking Systems in Mumbai at many enterprise mobility solutions companies that deal in all sorts of equipment. Make sure you check out the brands and authenticity certification before making a decision of where to buy from.
How does the Asset Tracking System work?
The entire being of an asset tracking system stems from the use of tagging tools like RFID (radio frequency identification) tags, barcodes, QR (quick response) codes, global positioning system (GPS), NFC (near field communication), and bluetooth. The operating and maintenance of each tagging tool is very different and may vary from one another, but the end result is more or less the same, so assigning each asset with a different identification code helps.
There is a process of tracking assets and it can be bifurcated into four stages –
● Recording all the fixed assets into the system.
● Attaching the relevant data.
● Tagging the assets with the selected tagging tool.
● Monitoring and tracking the assets according to real-time.
The asset tracking tools can be used in various ways for a plethora of different processes. For instance, small businesses use the tracking tools for stock control purposes. On the other hand, big organizations such as manufacturers utilize the tracking system to monitor their supply chain.
Advantages of Tracking Assets –
The asset tracking tools each have a functionality and a common goal, which is to reduce costs and improve efficiency. And hence, every company benefits from tracking assets. The advantages of which are –
● Increase in visibility of physical assets – The first advantage that comes in mind of a tracking system is that it provides reliable monitoring of all the physical assets. For this, the business naturally has to make sure that they register each and every asset as soon as they come and input the data in the system. This allows the users to keep a close track of their items and business assets and even know their location, depending on the tool they are using.
● Improvement in the data accuracy – This has been proved time and again that machines are doing a great job maintaining an accurate record and data. And data accuracy is extremely important when it comes to asset tracking. Maintaining on the spreadsheets and manually to collect information can get tiresome and also prone to errors. This is why businesses should pick Asset Tracking Systems in Mumbai to avoid any such inconsistencies and errors.
● Reduction of costs associated with loss or theft – The cost of replacing the lost or stolen assets has a direct impact on the profitability of a business. A lot of assets move round unmonitored like stock, spare parts, equipment, and even tools. Tracking tools help in finding them if they are lost or stolen so as to avoid unforeseeable expenses.
There are many advantages as to why businesses should invest in a good asset tracking system. So when looking for options, you must look at the stores that specialize in solutions in Mumbai and check them out.