What’s really required is for the testing team to select the right test automation tool depending upon their scope of work. In this article, you will get to know what the best-automated testing software is.
What is automated testing?
It is a software testing technique used to execute test cases by using automated testing software tools. The aim is to deliver capabilities faster and reduce testing efforts. The focus is on improving the quality of the software by putting in fewer testing efforts. Time-consuming tests such as regression tests can be automated. Test coverage and scalability will increase. Test automation is the best solution for executing repetitive tests by applying automation testing on them.
Following are some of the best-automated testing software :
- Katalon Studio: It is used for testing mobile, web, and desktop applications and supports platforms such as macOS, Windows, and Linux. Testers who find it difficult to integrate and deploy different libraries and frameworks to use selenium and appium are provided with a uniquely integrated environment by katalon studio.
- Selenium: Selenium has catapulted to unimaginable levels as one of the leading test automation tools. Selenium offers flexibility to developers and testers that is not seen in many other test automation tools and frameworks. Test scripts can be written in popular programming languages such as Python, C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, Java etc. The latest version of selenium offers more enhanced and improved testing features in line with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standardization.
- LamdaTest: It is one of the leading test automation tools used for testing web and desktop applications. It is a cloud-based cross-browser testing platform that provides the necessary resources to perform automated compatibility testing on web applications. CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, and Circle CI can be easily integrated with this tool.
- TestProject: This tool is available for free and provides end-to-end automation testing for mobile, web, and API testing. Non-technical users can use a scriptless test recorder. Dashboards and executive analytics are some of the important features of this tool. It has advanced built-in recording capabilities. It is relatively easy to configure.
- Appium: It is an open-source tool used for testing mobile applications. Native, hybrid, and mobile web applications built for iOS and Android can be easily automated by this tool. It is based on client/server architecture and is easy to install and use.
- Subject7: It is a cloud-based, no-code platform and provides end-to-end automation for desktop, mobile, and web applications. With minimum training and support, non-coders can author robust test flows. GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, and most of the DevOps pipeline tools can be easily integrated with this tool.
- Ranorex: It provides excellent features for testing mobile, desktop, web, and API applications. For desktop-based test automation, this tool has advanced capabilities for UI element identification, management, and editing. For testers, this tool provides some worthy features such as record/playback, script generation, and intuitive GUI.
Conclusion: Depending upon your project specifications and requirements, you can go for the specific test automation software that suits your requirements for the software. If you want to gain valuable insights on some of the best test automation software then just go for a top-notch globally acclaimed software testing services company .