Running PPC campaigns is very cost-effective, even if you are a small business with a small budget because you can set your ad spend according to your budget and still see magnificent results.
Even though the cost is relatively less when compared to traditional marketing and advertising methods, you still need to ensure that you get value for the money you are spending and a high Return on Investment (ROI). How you ensure this is by running an effective Google Ads campaign which targets the right audiences, that will ultimately convert to sales.
One of the first steps towards creating an effective Google Ads campaign is to get yourself the services of a Google Ads Agency. These agencies are specialized and very experienced in Google Ads Management, or where ever they are located. They employ people with the right skills and expertise to see your company through to success.
So what really is involved with creating a successful Google Ads campaign?
- Have clearly set goals – Google Ads are ideal for increasing leads and sales effectively, hence it is important to set your marketing goals concisely and clearly. If your goal is to create increased brand awareness, there might be better options for you that don’t cost you any money such as SEO, while increasing sales is easily achieved through paid advertisements. Categorizing your main goals into sub-categories will make it easier when you plan your advertising strategies.
- Understand your target audience – Understanding who your target audience is, is very important, especially at the beginning of your campaigns before you start investing any money. It is vital that you spend time researching your audience’s preferences, interests, buying history, and of course demographics. With Google Ads, you can use your own platform to research your target audience.
- One goal for one campaign – When creating your ad campaigns, make sure that you don’t try to achieve multiple goals through one single ad campaign. Creating one ad to achieve one single specific goal will increase your ROI, and provide you with proper realistic progress tracking methods.
- Landing pages – It is very important to note that each ad campaign should have its own landing page, and not divert traffic from ads to your website. Just imagine how frustrating it would be for a customer interested in a specific product arriving at your website landing page which displays thousands of products, and they have to search through each one to find what they are interested in. A scenario like this will only result in cart abandonment. Creating highly targeted landing pages that are directly relevant to the ad is a great way of increasing your conversion rate. Landing pages should also be attractive and compelling, as well as fast loading, and include a specific call-to-action.
- Experiment with different versions of ads – Testing your ads with different styles and different ad content is a great way of finding out which ads will be more appealing to your target audience, and which ones will not. With the end results, you can concentrate your budget and campaign on those versions of your ad which work best for you.
- ROI – Always ensure that you are getting a positive ROI for your ad campaigns.
- Track and monitor – Google offers many analytics tools that help you keep track of and monitor the progress of your ad campaigns. This is very helpful as they help you recognize those campaigns that are not performing as well as you expected them to so that you can change them or even eliminate them altogether while concentrating your resources on the best-performing ones. An ideal way to do this effectively is to have an experienced agency for Google Ads Management working beside you.
Using Google Ads effectively has many advantages, including:
- Increased brand visibility.
- Get an edge over your competition.
- Get highly targeted audiences.
- Highly measurable performance.
- Remarket to those visitors who visited your site before.