No matter if you are a website developer or a business owner, you will want your web app to perform great on the internet, isn’t it? And the fundamentals of a web app or website building are the tools and languages used for creating them. PHP is a favoured server-side scripting language for almost 80 per cent of the websites today.
Every professional and experienced developer and every leading PHP development company uses different types of tools no matter if the project is complicated or an easy one. After all, these tools make things smooth and fast, fulfilling the business requirements.
Now, to give you a better idea about the tools that are recently being used by the top companies for web development, a checklist is shared here.
Let’s dive into the name and their features here.
When it comes to building web apps and websites, PHP is considered as the best programming language. But to increase the efficiency of coding and make the language work more easily, experts prefer using different tools and technologies. The main purpose of using these tools is to achieve perfection. These tools work like the weapons required for building feature-rich, intuitive, and innovative PHP projects.
There are ample web development tools available today, out of which only the top ones are listed out here for you. Take a look.
Most of the websites are built with PHP and the recent ones are built with its latest version that’s PHP 7. Zend Studio is a perfect tool for this version of the language and is used by developers when working with PHP 7 only. Using Zend Debugger and Zend Studio help to save a lot of time in writing and debugging the codes.
Some of its features are:
- It allows writing the codes using a smart code editor
- Lets you debug and profile easily and independently with the Zend server
- Lets you leverage interoperability: SVN, Git, CVS, and GitHub
- Deployment get simpler and applications or websites can be easily deployed now to public and private clouds with Zend Studio
- Supports languages like C#, C++, and C
- Also supports frameworks like Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows.
Code Lobster Integrated Development Environment created by the CodeLobster software company. The community of web developers consider this as a very favourite tool among all as it supports most of the PHP frameworks including CodeIgniter, Laravel, Drupal, Joomla, Symfony, and CakePHP, apart from the other benefits it offers while coding.
Sublime Text 3:
It is one of the classiest and sturdiest text editors for PHP web development. It has rich features and has an extraordinary design that makes this editor one of the most favourite source code editors amongst all available in the developer community.
Apart from this, Sublime Text 3 is extremely light in weight and supports Windows, OS X, and Linux. Moreover, it is a customisable cross-platform editor that comes with a custom UI toolkit. Hence, it can be used for climbing across symbols, words, and lines with the right shortcut keys.
Some of its highlighted features are below:
- It allows several sections to let developers make more than one changes at once
- It supports split editing
- Comes with instant project switching features
- Has an effective command palette
- It also has a distraction-free mode
- Comes with several plugin APIs and packages
- Supports almost all popularly used programming languages and frameworks
Apart from these three, there are many more like NetBeans, AWS Cloud 9, PHPDebugbar, Eclipse, etc. No matter if you are a newbie or an expert in PHP, these tools can always do wonders for you during the web development process.