Virtual live music venue Flymachine has named former UMe SVP Jason Feinberg as its SVP of Marketing.
Feinberg joins an impressive Flymachine executive team including CEO Andrew Dreskin (co-founder of Ticketfly and TicketWeb) co-founder and Chief Experience Officer Rick Farman (co-founder of Superfly, Bonnaroo, and Outside Lands), co-founder and CTO Matthew Davis (the Grammy-nominated founder of [namethemachine]), and COO Andy Donner (former VP at Ticketfly).
Flymachine recently secured $21 million in new funding led by Greycroft Partners and SignalFire slong with music industry heavyweights Coran Capshaw, Bill Silva, Marty Diamond, Larry Webman, Another Planet Entertainment, and Ben Lovett of Mumford & Sons.
• Sony Music Publishing today announced the promotion of Carol NG to President, Asia. She is based in the company’s Hong Kong office and reports to President, International, Guy Henderson.
As well as managing a global network of teams, Carol is responsible for spearheading the creative strategy and roster development; cultivating relationships with industry partners and local collection societies; driving digital opportunities with companies in the Pan-Asian region; and expanding the company’s presence in new markets.
• AudioSalad, the content management, analytics, delivery, and distribution platform for record labels, distributors, and rights-holders has added Tom Deakin, Merlin’s former Director of Global Member Relations to establish UK and European offices as well as expand their business across EMEA.
• Warner Chappell Production Music (WCPM) has unveiled a top-to-bottom rebrand including a new logo and website. The production music powerhouse has also expanded its executive team, opened the doors to two new recording studios, and added new catalogs to its award-winning collections.
Julia Sassi, an experienced production music executive, has been added as the new Head of WCPM France.
In addition, Sinéad Hartmann has been named WCPM VP of Licensing & Music Creative, based in LA, where she oversees the U.S. sync and creative teams in Los Angeles, Nashville, and New York, as well as Canada and Latin America. Gavin Carroll has also joined as the company’s new Sr. Creative Director, Licensing in New York, where he works primarily with advertising clients.
• Exit Live, a tool for artists to sell current and historic live show recordings, has announced that London-based record producer and mixer, Danton Supple, will be joining the startup as production director. Best known for his work with Coldplay, Supple arrives with over 30 years of music industry experience.
With live music returning, Exit Live is introducing its tool to help artists monetize and deliver instant live and historic recordings directly to their fans globally.
• Warner Music Group’s ADA Asia and Warner Music Vietnam have entered into a new partnership with one of Vietnam’s leading aggregators and entertainment companies, Yin Yang Media. The distribution deal will further expand Warner Music’s reach in the fast-growing Vietnamese market.
Yin Yang Media, which specializes in pop music boasts a catalog of more than 60,000 tracks. Under the new deal, Warner Music will be supporting and working with top Vietnamese stars such as Bích Phương, Dalab, Hà Anh Tuấn, Noo Phước Thịnh, Hoàng Dũng, and Phan Mạnh Quỳnh. It will also represent the catalogue of iconic artists including Đan Trường, Hồng Ngọc, Lệ Quyên, Phương Thanh, Tuấn Hưng and Tuấn Ngọc.