The number of smartphone users is approximately three billion worldwide, and this number is anticipated to grow by a hundred million in the next few years. As the use of smartphones increases, so will the demand for quality applications. To sustain this demand and deliver quality software, firms are adopting Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), DevOps and Agile methodologies. Post-development, test automation is one of the essential parts of the process for quality software.
Test automation is such a process which benefits the developers and the users. For developers, it enhances the test cases and efficiency, working on different real-time issues on various devices and OSs aids to their expertise. For users, it ensures delivery of the best user experience. So a team or a firm needs to choose the right tool keeping the time and budget intact.
Below I have listed eight best automation mobile testing tools. These can be used to compare each one’s feature and choose the best one as per the requirements.
It may not be the most popular tool, but there are barely any doubts regarding its performance and user satisfaction. It is used by some giant firms like HP Enterprises, American Psychological Association, fresh works etc. It is one of the best cloud-based automation testing tools for continuous testing.
- Its AI-driven test automation detects the changes in the code and runs the test accordingly.
- It has the easiest platform for test development as it accepts test cases in simple English which acts as a trump card in the competitive market of automation tools.
- It has lucid reporting and analytics. It provides test reports to the user at each level, making it easy for a tester to keep track of the complete test process, including failed test cases.
- It allows integration of CI/CD tools and is also flexible for other integration processes.
- It offers a test lab in the cloud, so that testers can run a massive test entirely in the cloud.
It is one of the leading software in the testing industry which is widely used for native app automation. It is an open-source automated testing tool mostly used for mobile application testing.
- An open-source which supports a wide range of OS and languages making it the most flexible testing tool.
- It offers easy integration of third-party tools.
- It affords test reusability between different operating systems (Android, iOS, and Windows) and cross-browser testing.
- However, use of this tool requires a significant amount of coding experience to generate and run test cases.
3. Katalon Studio:
It has been an all-in-one testing solution for the testing community. It is comprehensive and robust as well.
- It has built-in keywords which makes creation of test cases easier, also supports images and objects.
- It offers flexibility of test reusability across various mobile platforms.
- It supports SOAP and REST API for service testing.
- Integration of third-party tools like Git, Jenkins, and Jira.
- It has comprehensive documentation and official support is available from Katalon team and community as well.
An AI-powered testing tool for android applications. It supports almost every mobile operating system like iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry.
- The continuity of testing is guaranteed as it uses AI-powered testing.
- The whole testing process can run from the command line without any inspection.
- Using Eggplant a tester can test at any layer, from the UI to the DB layer or API.
It is an extension of Android framework which enables testing of only Android applications. It offers black-box test cases.
- Time required for running a test is less as compared to other tools.
- Complete integration with Ant and Maven.
- It mainly supports JAVA.
6. Test complete:
It has a user-friendly UI with AI integrated tools for mobile and desktop application testing. It is widely used because of its convenience scripts and script less test case creation.
- It also offers testing in Android and iOS platforms.
- It allows testing on hybrid and native applications on emulators, virtual and real machines.
- Allows integration of third-party tools like GIT, Jenkins.
- It offers quality customer service and has east-to-understand documentation.
It is one of the most efficient testing tools in the industry. It delivers uninterrupted testing experience in automation testing on hybrid, web and native android applications (iOS too) with real devices.
- It is open to integration of other frameworks like Espresso, Appium.
- It delivers a rich testing log so that it becomes easier to keep track of the testing process.
- Testers can test on real devices whenever required.
These aforesaid tools are the most flexible and useful products in the current market. But this being said, the most appropriate testing tool basing on business requirements, level of expertise of employees, and of course the budget will be a tool which will fit into the testing team not to the software for the team to fit in.
Discover Testsigma and get more done with testing by taking a free trial .