Open source, platform independence, ease of use, rapid performance, stability, security, maintenance, and whatnot. A PHP framework should be packed with a pool full of potential to serve an ideal app development intent. And in this article, if we are talking about CakePhp, it must have something that makes us a successful CakePHP Development Company. We have delivered many customised framework solutions and understand the difficulty in choosing the most suitable PHP framework. So, here presenting an out-and-out PHP solution to clear the confusion.
However, the functionality of CakePHP is something beyond others and inspires us to let meet you too. But before judging prematurely, first, understand the considerations of choosing a PHP framework.
PHP Framework Considerations
The world of frameworks is wide and has no silver lining for the best PHP, so need to consider some factors, including:
- Project Requirements– Always check for your project requirement first, as it can solve no problem before you know the root. Don’t just take a tool and start using it but test. We are not saying any framework is good or bad, it depends on software development method, project and solution. In layman’s words, write down the development needs, including generic or specific custom programming requirements and then go for the selection.
- Architecture: Design Pattern- Various frameworks have distinct pattern requirements, and most of the time it is MVC (Model view controller). MVC is an architecture pattern that has separate applications & three logical components known as Model, View and controller. Widely adopted in web programming, MVC is one of the most common & effective architecture patterns, so look for it.
- Database: ORM Support– Re-using the database access layer is the most common reason behind choosing PHP framework instead of flat PHP. Apart from starting from scratch, some frameworks like CakePHP, Zend and Yii serve one step further. These frameworks offer ORM (Object Relational Mapping) support that makes programming easy. So make sure the framework you choose for your application offers the same efficiency.
- Performance Support– A well-performing app carries lots of functionality, including cache removal. It is not rocket science that removing cache is the cheapest yet effective solution to improve performance. So choose a framework that has the cache removing mechanism. Also, check if there are other functionalities to support performance.
- Authentication: Build-in Support- Authentication is a crucial security process but does your framework support it? When a user enters through the admin panel, a site or app asks for the identity via various verifying processes. However, if your framework does not module for flexibility to implement authentication and authorisation, means it does not offer built-in support though.
- Security: Prevention & Vulnerabilities- Cross-site scripting Prevention (XSS), Cross-site request forgery prevention, cookie attack prevention and more. There are plenty of security issues that an application can face, so make sure you select a framework that supports all major security matters.
- Community Support– Apart from all the requirements, if you need any developer support, make sure your framework serves that too. The framework should have some guidelines and some form of help that can guide you in time of need.
The wide range of PHP frameworks such as CakePHP, Laravel, Codelgniter, Symfony, Zend, so on, from whom you can choose. However, often CakePhp leads the race, let’s explore why?
Does CakePHP Meet Them?
CakePHP creators say it’s fast, clean and tasty. But how can a framework be tasty? Well, it’s not just because of the name but functionalities that you can enjoy like a piece of cake. And to understand better, we are breaking them into segments so you can taste them better.
With CakePHP, a developer gets a bag full of features that succeed the message of “build fast & grow solid”.
Clean MVC Conventions– The set of conventions of CakePHP, you don’t need to look for a plan to guide you for application development. Cake implemented with MVC add a pool of components, including:
- Follow the concept of Ruby on rails and divide the application into three parts named Model, view and controller.
- Ease the developing process by decreasing the number of decisions and with no flexibility loss.
- Save time to long run by convention over configuration.
No Configuration– As we said beforehand, it supports conversion over configuration, which means no complicated XML or YAML. All you have to do is just set a database and you are ready.
Quick Building– The PHP framework offers code generation and scaffolding features. This helps developers to generate code & use various tools. Also, programmers can specify how the app database may be used and pre-defined code templates and more.
Friendly Licence– Framework comes under MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) licence, which means a perfect choice for commercial apps.
- Permission to reuse code for any purpose
- Highly compatible as long as you don’t interrupt copyrights
- Allow sharing code under a copyleft licence
Secure– CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, Inbuilt-tools, SQL injection prevention and so on, CakePhp comes with lots of security preventions. And why should it not? A framework audited through Mozilla secure open-source is trustworthy.
Bake Your Code in CakePHP!
From enhancing the process of app building, CakePHP is a framework of efficiency, secure code generation, feature-rich programming & scaffolding features. And if you are also looking to bake your code under this CakePHP, a professional CakePHP development company would be the best option.