What is clarified butter? Don’t think butter and clarified butter are the same. We are here with complete detail about clarified butter. It is nothing but the clarified form of butter which is also famous as ghee. The word ghee derives from the Sanskrit word ‘ghṛta’. Ghee originated in India and now people worldwide use ghee for cooking purposes. However, there is a little difference in ghee and clarified butter which we will discuss later.
What is clarified butter?
Clarified butter is also famous as ghee. In ancient times ghee used to be made in a traditional way where milk cream was hand-churned to make butter. In the next stage, the butter is melted at a medium flame until the milk solids get separated. This is a time-consuming process but it is not suitable for bulk ghee manufacturing. Nowadays, manufacturers follow several other advanced methods to make ghee. The process of clarifying butter helps to remove impurities from ghee. People who avoid dairy products can easily consume this pure dairy fat as it gets digested easily.
Why use clarified butter in cooking?
- Ghee is a wonderful addition to any kitchen pantry. Plus, you will never taste the same thing again. It has a higher melting point than regular butter, so it can be used for broiling or frying foods. Clarified butter is the best cooking medium when grilling, and cooking vegetables raw are even better with butter. It is the solid fat that gives food its creaminess.
- Not only does it create light dishes, but it also makes the dishes taste great. In addition to that, it helps to make clarified butter and regular butter one of the most versatile ingredients around, meaning you can use it in a large number of ways. If you have kids, try using less of the ghee or even just add it to the dish a bit at a time, to keep the children from getting too excited and melting the milk solids.
What are ghee’s health benefits ?
- Why is clarified butter so good for you? It is a great food for digestive health. It contains natural short-chain fatty acids which are known as omega-3 fatty acids. These acids can boost your immune system, your liver, and your overall health. This natural short-chain fatty acid is commonly referred to as MCT or “Medium Chain Triglycerides”.
- Unlike long-chain fats, it gets absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. There are several ways that clarified butter can help enhance the health and well-being of your body.
- As stated earlier, it is great for digestion as it increases the speed at which the food goes down the intestines. It is also effective in fighting plaque formation in the digestive system which can lead to constipation and other digestive diseases.
- Clarified butter also helps the body in losing weight. MCT is a powerful fat burner and promotes energy levels, so it is great for losing weight.
Which Ghee Brands to Choose?
You can get multiple options available in the market for clarified butter but all are the same. Many companies use artificial colors and flavors to make more profit. But you should choose a brand that has organic certification. This way you will make sure that the ghee you are having is free from all kinds of artificial colors, and preservatives. The quality of the ghee depends on the quality of the milk. So make sure the ghee brand you are buying is made from grass-fed cow’s milk. So, this was all about what is clarified butter ghee. Let’s hope you find this article to be useful and got some important information regarding your diet.