I must confess that I am in love with YouTube. Ever since its launch, I spent a lot of time watching videos on YouTube. YouTube has been a source of information, education & entertainment. Something seems missing in my life if I stay away from it for a few days.
The most frustrating problem with YouTube occurs when there is buffering in videos causing them to lag. It mars the enjoyment of watching any video. It is a persistent and widespread problem. First I thought that it has no solution and I have to live with it. After some searching, I have found a handsome solution to avoid YouTube buffering problem. It worked for me and I am sure it would be useful for you.
Let me share my findings with you so that you can watch YouTube videos without slow buffering.
- First of all, you have to make sure that you are not downloading anything else at the time of watching YouTube video. If you are doing this, chances for buffering will increase many times.
- It is recommended that you download and use some Video Accelerator tool. Fortunately, it is free and it will help you.
- It is important that you test the speed of your internet connection. Multimedia and video streaming need high-speed internet. You may need to talk to your ISP. In case your internet connection is fine considered optimizing internet settings through a system utility software.
- Most important of all optimize your entire PC. Clean Windows Registry, defrag Registry, optimize internet connection, clean system junk and optimize computer services. Performing these maintenance tasks on your PC will boost up browser and PC’s performance and you will experience less or no lagging in YouTube.
- Install YouTube Auto-Buffer plug-in for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. An Auto-Buffer plug-in is a script that buffers YouTube videos without automatically playing. It also removes in-video advertisements, puts the video in High Definition (HD) mode as the case may be. Google it for more information.
- Make sure Windows Update is not carried out simultaneously. As a default, Windows updates are enabled. Your computer searches new updates online, downloads and installs them automatically. This process uses higher bandwidth and the internet speed is dramatically reduced till the update process is finished. Click the upward arrow located on the Notification Area of your Taskbar, and make sure there is no Windows Update icon with a message “Downloading and installing updates… “